Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Sep 24th, 2017, 9:31pm
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1 2 
Z1/Rock Android Watch - Apps that Work/don't Work (Read 20482 times)
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Re: Z1/Rock Android Watch - Apps that Work/don't W
Reply #15 - Nov 21st, 2012, 8:46pm

Yes, the accelerometer seems to work 90 degrees off.

I mentioned this in the review.

Notice also that the device is fundamentally a landscape device as opposed to portrait like most phones.  Notice that when it boots, the android logo is landscape.

I also tried to get the emulator to work like the phone - i.e. landscape during boot, but then have the display work in either orientation.

I played around with a few things, but I could never make any improvement.

Also, it seemed to me that pressing back twice quickly was simply because in most apps, 2 back will usually get you home anyway.

If I went to the browser, followed several links (>2) and and pressed back twice, I simply ended up two pages back in history.  The same happened no matter how fast I pressed back.

Another users recommendation of installing a back button replacement app was helpful.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
Scarlett_O
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2013, 1:25am

DO NOT USE OR INSTALL LIVE WALL PAPER ON THIS DEVICE! I recently purchased a Z1 and in my effort to make a watch phone even flashier I set the wallpaper to a live wallpaper called nexus, a look inside the neural net. Well one day, i power on my watch, i watch it boot and see it looks glitchy and struggles to load the wallpaper, then the screen goes completely white, couldnt reset or fix, had to bite the bullet and buy another. Although i cant say for certain that it was caused directly by the live wallpaper, im sure it was part of the problem. Now I have a plain wallpaper and am going on almost a month with no problems.

IP Logged
Ichida za Zeal

IXIstudios.ca

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2013, 10:24am

Could someone test out the app and widget for the Digimon Unlimited app on this device? Whether or not that works is what I'm hinging my purchase of this device on. The app is free so I'm not asking anyone to spend any money helping me out. Thanks in advance.

Email   IP Logged
calani

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2013, 8:07pm

Record button doesn't respond. Camera and video work fine.
On my Galaxy I purchased a HiFi record ap, I could do the same here if there is a defect in the record function, will it work with the mono microphone on the watch?
Otherwise, I am happy, after a week with my Z1.
Thanks, Calani

Email   IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Reply #19 - Sep 3rd, 2013, 4:25am

Hi!!
 Here some applications working on my Z1. First I burn the thing custom clean ROM. Don't forget to save your current ROM before changing it in case there is a probleme..Really easy to do just put file in the right folder turn off you phone, connect it to laptop and 3 clicks under windows7.This give new android OS froyo less buggy and rooted access. and you can access the google play store..Now what I put in Z1? My gaol is to use it as a moderne wath reminding "rendez vous" from google and weather and beep as an elecronic clever watch.

-Buseness calandar as big format (3x3 and modified to take whole screen). It is able to sync google calendar an all agendas inside. A purge of the stock calendendar must be done if it is bugging and you don't see all agenda you want. remind to set the google side and save your calendar to google befor purging.I have my current calendar, birthdays contact, week's number, weather, days off, my holidays ect..
Google send me SMS, on my phonewatch' s number, for reminding the "renez vous".

-Simple calendar same as above.

-Aix weather it give daily weather vue but stock 3 days in memory.I use it for foreigner country

-Weather forecast widget it give separated weather (5 days) and hour widget.

-svox classic TTs (2.?.19/14) and aurelie french voice. I use them with

-voice notify it reads every notify like SMS, missing call ect...

-Sygic map (10...? I forget) the version is important for make it work.I put asians maps an France map.

-Caynax Hourly chime it turns the phone wacth in a clever electronic watch (I program hourly chime/beep same as electronic watch from 8H to 18H from monday to friday)

-chonometre a stopwatch

-Camscan that scan a paper ducument and turn it into PDF.

-Budgea and Bankin (need internet access) for knowing what stay imediately in you bank accounts.

-ES file explorer but Antek Explorer is better file manager.

-3CXphone for Voip (I Use my internet provider (named "free") VOIP account's so 0 exept the wifi connection to pay if needed).

-Boxcriptor classic and cryptonite for keeping some secret.

Memowiget as post it (hope to find a better one).

-Rotation to force "landscape" with budgea or banking

-Antimosquito a mosquito repellent

-Word clok digital clock for foreigner/local time.

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2