Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Jul 16th, 2019, 11:51pm
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1 2 
Z1 and the application setup wizard (Read 20019 times)
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Re: Z1 and the application setup wizard
Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2012, 2:21pm

You need to turn on USB Debugging in Settings:

Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Degugging  

Even if the error is popping back up quickly, you should be able to get there with a little fast tapping, and some perseverance.

I assume you have tried the basics, like removing the battery to force a reboot?

Also try it with and without Airplane Mode.  By holding the Power/Menu button, you should at least be able to get to that menu.

If you can't turn on USB Debugging, you are kinda stuck.   Sad

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
newguy
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2012, 2:32pm

I tried the airplane mode and it did not work. with this message popping up so quickly, there is no way for me to get to the setting or even to home screen

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2012, 4:06pm

Not being able to reboot into recovery (other than by ADB) is a serious flaw in this device.

It undermines Google's way of handling situations just like this.  That's why recovery is called recovery.

I know that holding Vol+ puts it in some mode (for SP Flashtool, I assume), but nobody has found a way to get to recovery.

There are probably internal pins or pads for e.g. the camera button.  Holding Camera may get you into recovery, if you could find pads/pins.

newguy, please keep checking these forums.  I someone has a solution, hopefully, they will post here.  Other than that, just keep searching the web, perhaps there is a solution out there for another device with a similar problem.

For everybody else out there, this is one of the possible dangers of Rooting.  I personally think my technique for installing Google Apps/Market is safer (of course I would), but even there a mistake could get you into the same situation.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #18 - Sep 6th, 2012, 4:11pm

The thing is after i rooted the watch and installed Google play everything was fine and honestly i was very happy. but at some point when i rebooted the watch i was asked to use setup wizard or the launcher and i choose setup and since then I'm stuck.

If I can get the complete package of SP flashtool (including all necessary .bin files) I think I might have a shot at getting this thing back.

IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2012, 6:52pm

Any chance of getting the fladh tool with upgrading rom and firmware mentioned on this web page:
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-z1_smart_android_2_2_watch_phone_gps_wifi_bluetooth-363 8-usd.html

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #20 - Sep 7th, 2012, 8:24pm

Email them (king@ibuygou.com), and include your order number.

It took me several tries, but they did provide a link.  I have not verified that it is working FW image, but they did provide a link to a file.

I do not have permission to re-distribute, and I respect ibuygou's position of only supporting their customers, so please do not ask me (that includes by PM) for any firmware files.  I have no verified -OR- re-distributable firmware for this device.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2012, 8:28pm

Quote from Administrator on Sep 7th, 2012, 8:24pm:
Email them (king@ibuygou.com), and include your order number.

It took me several tries, but they did provide a link.  I have not verified that it is working FW image, but they did provide a link to a file.

I do not have permission to re-distribute, and I respect ibuygou's position of only supporting their customers, so please do not ask me (that includes by PM) for any firmware files.  I have no verified -OR- re-distributable firmware for this device.

I did not buy it from them so I don't think they will hellp!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2