Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Jul 16th, 2019, 11:46pm
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1 
Z1 and the application setup wizard (Read 20018 times)
newguy
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Z1 and the application setup wizard
Sep 4th, 2012, 2:52pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and I need help. I bought the z1 watch, performed rooting and loaded Google play and I was very happy till I started to get this message constantly :  

sorry! the application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.  
When I press force stop the message pops up again. with this i cannot access anything.   Any help will be appreciated to get rid of this message
Thanks

IP Logged
abykingz

abykingz

Re: Z1 and the application setup wizard
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2012, 9:57am

Hi,you may check the information from :scroll down the page please.

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-z1_smart_android_2_2_watch_phone_gps_wifi_bluetooth_htm l-3638-usd.html

sharewatchphone tech
abykingz   IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2012, 1:38pm

I would recommend re-installing the Google Market and Google Apps Using the technique I outlined here:
http://linuxslate.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1343139082

Of course, I am just recommending it because it is my technique  Wink

In your case, unless you do something wrong, it cannot do further damage (It is safer than rooting).

Of course the disclaimer in that post applies.

If this does not work, please post again.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2012, 4:01pm

Thanks abykingz:  

when I tried to recover z1 using sp flash I get this message before I connect the watch: SP FLASHTOOL ERROR: S_FTHND_FILES_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET5007.
Any Idea what caused it.  

Thanks Administrator:

I have no idea about linux/mac let alone I don't own neither of themso I don't think I can do that

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2012, 4:27pm

Quote:
when I tried to recover z1 using sp flash

I would not be messing with the Flashtool.  You really only need that for a trashed bootloader.

These devices are in a kind of strange world between the previous generation of Chinese phones, and other, modern Android phones.

In many cases, you can do things the Android (ABD/Recovery/etc.) way -or- the "Old" (MTK or SP Flashtool) way.

In this case, you stickly have an Android problem.  You do not have a corrupted filesystem or boot loader (at least not yet.)

Again - disclaimer - without seeing your phone, and looking through the directories, I could be wrong, but here is something else you can try.

Delete *all* of the files that you installed when you installed Market (All the same files that are in the ZIP).  You should loose market, and the Google services, but you should get rid of your error - Then re-do (by whatever method you are comfortable with) Market.

Flashing seems a bit drastic if that is the only problem you are having.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2012, 4:30pm

Quote from Administrator on Sep 5th, 2012, 4:27pm:
Quote:
when I tried to recover z1 using sp flash

I would not be messing with the Flashtool.  You really only need that for a trashed bootloader.

These devices are in a kind of strange world between the previous generation of Chinese phones, and other, modern Android phones.

In many cases, you can do things the Android (ABD/Recovery/etc.) way -or- the "Old" (MTK or SP Flashtool) way.

In this case, you stickly have an Android problem.  You do not have a corrupted filesystem or boot loader (at least not yet.)

Again - disclaimer - without seeing your phone, and looking through the directories, I could be wrong, but here is something else you can try.

Delete *all* of the files that you installed when you installed Market (All the same files that are in the ZIP).  You should loose market, and the Google services, but you should get rid of your error - Then re-do (by whatever method you are comfortable with) Market.

Flashing seems a bit drastic if that is the only problem you are having.

The thing is I can't acces the phone at all the setup wizard message keeps popping up. How can i delete the files from the phone?
Thanks

IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2012, 7:28pm

I think i know now why I can't flash my watch. All upgrades tool and firmwares are missing like uboot bootimg etc. I was able to download recovery successfully but i don't know hot to boot into recover mode. Tried v-/+ with power button did not work. Any ideas please

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2012, 8:36pm

Code:
./adb reboot recovery 

... works fine   Wink

You may notice that I do almost everything (this Watch and other devices -- other forums) with ADB.

The fact that ADB runs as root, and allows remount r/w, on this device is one of the coolest things about it. It really is a developer's phone.

Also, there is a (unofficial) Clockwork mod for this thing.  I haven't tried it yet:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774875

According to that same thread, ./adb reboot recovery is the only way into recovery.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
abykingz

abykingz

Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2012, 9:14pm

Hi,is the flash tool correct ?or the flash tool's broken ?Quote from newguy on Sep 5th, 2012, 4:01pm:
Thanks abykingz:

when I tried to recover z1 using sp flash I get this message before I connect the watch: SP FLASHTOOL ERROR: S_FTHND_FILES_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET5007.
Any Idea what caused it.  

Thanks Administrator:

I have no idea about linux/mac let alone I don't own neither of themso I don't think I can do that

sharewatchphone tech
abykingz   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #9 - Sep 6th, 2012, 6:57am

Flash tool is ok. It seems I'm mussing some files that's why I get this message when I try to flash:

SP FLASHTOOL ERROR: S_FTHND_FILES_IS_NOT_LOADED_YET5007

IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #10 - Sep 6th, 2012, 6:58am

Quote from Administrator on Sep 5th, 2012, 8:36pm:
Code:
./adb reboot recovery 

... works fine   Wink

You may notice that I do almost everything (this Watch and other devices -- other forums) with ADB.

The fact that ADB runs as root, and allows remount r/w, on this device is one of the coolest things about it. It really is a developer's phone.

Also, there is a (unofficial) Clockwork mod for this thing.  I haven't tried it yet:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774875

According to that same thread, ./adb reboot recovery is the only way into recovery.

I can't access the phone to install anything

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #11 - Sep 6th, 2012, 7:48am

ADB runs on your desktop system.  It is part of the Android Software Developers Kit (SDK).

You can get it here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

As long as your device boots, even if only part way, you can access it with ADB.  The device must be connected to via USB.

In your case, if Debugging is not turned on, it may be difficult to get to the menu to turn it on:  Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Degugging

Hopefully it is already on -- If not, and you are fast, and you persevere, you should be able to get there.

There are also installation and getting started guides on that page.  All you need is ADB (which unfortunately, you have to add after you install the SDK -- used to be included).

You do not need the other development stuff.

You must understand that every forum administrator for every Android device out there cannot reproduce "Getting Started" guides in every thread.  It's not an issue of being unwilling to or being arrogant, it's just not logical or practical.

You will also need some knowledge of basic Linux/UNIX commands (Android is Linux).  Today, almost everything (All Android devices, iPhone, iPad, Internet Routers, Servers, Set-top boxes, etc.) runs Linux/UNIX.

Please see this article for a fictional story that makes this Real point:
http://linuxslate.com/Commentary_Kathryn.html

'Not picking on you, newguy, the above is for all readers of all forums, here and elsewhere.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #12 - Sep 6th, 2012, 9:43am

Quote from Administrator on Sep 6th, 2012, 7:48am:
ADB runs on your desktop system.  It is part of the Android Software Developers Kit (SDK).

You can get it here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

As long as your device boots, even if only part way, you can access it with ADB.  The device must be connected to via USB.

In your case, if Debugging is not turned on, it may be difficult to get to the menu to turn it on:  Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Degugging

Hopefully it is already on -- If not, and you are fast, and you persevere, you should be able to get there.

There are also installation and getting started guides on that page.  All you need is ADB (which unfortunately, you have to add after you install the SDK -- used to be included).

You do not need the other development stuff.

You must understand that every forum administrator for every Android device out there cannot reproduce "Getting Started" guides in every thread.  It's not an issue of being unwilling to or being arrogant, it's just not logical or practical.

You will also need some knowledge of basic Linux/UNIX commands (Android is Linux).  Today, almost everything (All Android devices, iPhone, iPad, Internet Routers, Servers, Set-top boxes, etc.) runs Linux/UNIX.

Please see this article for a fictional story that makes this Real point:
http://linuxslate.com/Commentary_Kathryn.html

'Not picking on you, newguy, the above is for all readers of all forums, here and elsewhere.

Thanks. now I got adb installed but when I connect my watch i don't see the usb debug option which was there before, but not recently. i only see usb storage. any ideas.

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #13 - Sep 6th, 2012, 10:21am

Not sure what your are referring to.

Did you check:

Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Degugging  
?

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2012, 11:44am

Quote from Administrator on Sep 6th, 2012, 10:21am:
Not sure what your are referring to.

Did you check:

?

First, let me say thank you all for your prompt responses especially you administrator. Well  I used to get notified when i plug the the watch in the computer at top of the screen of my watch. When I click on the notification area there are two options:
USB STORAGE
USB DEBUGGING
now when I plug it in, I only see USB storage.

As I mentioned before the error message won't allow me to do anything with my watch

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #15 - Sep 6th, 2012, 2:21pm

You need to turn on USB Debugging in Settings:

Even if the error is popping back up quickly, you should be able to get there with a little fast tapping, and some perseverance.

I assume you have tried the basics, like removing the battery to force a reboot?

Also try it with and without Airplane Mode.  By holding the Power/Menu button, you should at least be able to get to that menu.

If you can't turn on USB Debugging, you are kinda stuck.   Sad

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #16 - Sep 6th, 2012, 2:32pm

I tried the airplane mode and it did not work. with this message popping up so quickly, there is no way for me to get to the setting or even to home screen

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #17 - Sep 6th, 2012, 4:06pm

Not being able to reboot into recovery (other than by ADB) is a serious flaw in this device.

It undermines Google's way of handling situations just like this.  That's why recovery is called recovery.

I know that holding Vol+ puts it in some mode (for SP Flashtool, I assume), but nobody has found a way to get to recovery.

There are probably internal pins or pads for e.g. the camera button.  Holding Camera may get you into recovery, if you could find pads/pins.

newguy, please keep checking these forums.  I someone has a solution, hopefully, they will post here.  Other than that, just keep searching the web, perhaps there is a solution out there for another device with a similar problem.

For everybody else out there, this is one of the possible dangers of Rooting.  I personally think my technique for installing Google Apps/Market is safer (of course I would), but even there a mistake could get you into the same situation.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #18 - Sep 6th, 2012, 4:11pm

The thing is after i rooted the watch and installed Google play everything was fine and honestly i was very happy. but at some point when i rebooted the watch i was asked to use setup wizard or the launcher and i choose setup and since then I'm stuck.

If I can get the complete package of SP flashtool (including all necessary .bin files) I think I might have a shot at getting this thing back.

IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2012, 6:52pm

Any chance of getting the fladh tool with upgrading rom and firmware mentioned on this web page:
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-z1_smart_android_2_2_watch_phone_gps_wifi_bluetooth-363 8-usd.html

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #20 - Sep 7th, 2012, 8:24pm

Email them (king@ibuygou.com), and include your order number.

It took me several tries, but they did provide a link.  I have not verified that it is working FW image, but they did provide a link to a file.

I do not have permission to re-distribute, and I respect ibuygou's position of only supporting their customers, so please do not ask me (that includes by PM) for any firmware files.  I have no verified -OR- re-distributable firmware for this device.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
WWW   IP Logged
newguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2012, 8:28pm

Quote from Administrator on Sep 7th, 2012, 8:24pm:
Email them (king@ibuygou.com), and include your order number.

It took me several tries, but they did provide a link.  I have not verified that it is working FW image, but they did provide a link to a file.

I do not have permission to re-distribute, and I respect ibuygou's position of only supporting their customers, so please do not ask me (that includes by PM) for any firmware files.  I have no verified -OR- re-distributable firmware for this device.

I did not buy it from them so I don't think they will hellp!

IP Logged
Pages: 1