Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Jul 17th, 2019, 12:17am
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1
Should I get one? (Read 3617 times)
SparkyRih
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Should I get one?
Sep 9th, 2012, 3:42pm

I would like to get this watch phone as my secondary phone...
I currently have a W968 watch as second phone (for 2 years already), it looks a lot more like a designer watch imo, but its functionalities are limited (and this series has an issue where you can't adjust brightness, so I'm unable to see the display while outside)...

So shoudl I get this Android watch phone to replace it?

My current primary phone is an Asus Padfone, I don't expect this watch to be as quick as a 1.5GHz dual core phone, so I expect a lot of buggieness... But is it really bad? or can a lot of these bugs be reduced by tweaking a lot (software/hardware)...

Padfone Club (Community Site)

Current devices:
Asus Padfone (Android 4.0.4)
Samsung Galaxy Apollo (Android 2.2)
Watch Phone W968 (Unknown)
WWW   IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Re: Should I get one?
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2012, 9:52am

With the (mostly hardware) fixes that I have described on this sight, the Z1 is actually quite useable.

Software-wise, it is actually very stable.  FC's (Force Close messages) are actually quite rare, and when they do happen, they are associated with known buggy Apps that I have installed, and are not the fault of the Z1, or the provided firmware.

Spontaneous reboots, FC's in OS components, etc. are actually very rare.  Overall, it's far more stable than other Android devices I have owned.

The worst problem was the WiFi.  With that fixed, the Z1 is very useable.

Last weekend, I was wearing some shorts that did not have cargo pockets (I know -- TMI), so I decided to leave my Dell Streak at home.  I put my primary number SIM in the Z1, and I have not switched back.  I have been using the Z1 as my primary phone.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
SparkyRih
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Re: Should I get one?
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2012, 8:41am

Thanks for the reply...

Sounds great... Only thing that I'm thinking about now is the look of it compared to my current W968...

Padfone Club (Community Site)

Current devices:
Asus Padfone (Android 4.0.4)
Samsung Galaxy Apollo (Android 2.2)
Watch Phone W968 (Unknown)
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1