Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Jul 17th, 2019, 12:23am
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1
Z1 bluetooth mystery (Read 3895 times)
noviceonandroid
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Z1 bluetooth mystery
Oct 1st, 2012, 11:34pm

i've read over the article that the z1 sports bluetooth. tried the bluetooth earphones included w/ the z1...they don't get recognized.  i understand compatibility issues as this is just bluetooth 2.0.  the bluetooth function works w/ my ipad (pair though obviously doesn't connect) and an apple bluetooth keyboard (recognized though i can't get passcode and question the apple/android crossover compatibility)  

any reason to believe i'ven't followed directions, a possible bluetooth defect, or i just need to buy certain headsets or earphones to work.

IP Logged
MoonShadow

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Re: Z1 bluetooth mystery
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:19am

I think I had to unpair and re-pair for the included bluetooth adapter to work. You have to hold down the middle button until the LEDs start flashing blue/red alternately for it to go into discoverable mode.

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2012, 7:35pm

The Z1 does have Bluetooh, and an Apple Keyboard does work.

You have to enter a pairing code in the Apple keyboard, and press enter during the pairing.  I don't remember the details, and my name is not Siri, so you'll have to Google it yourself.

The included BT adapter, as well as many headsets and other devices can only be paired with one device at a time, so if you use the device with something else, it won't work with the Z1 again until you re-pair it.

It seems I have to re-pair devices even when I have not used them anything else.  I do not think BT is properly implemented on this firmware.

Also, in a previous post, and in the review, I mentioned that the BT adapter produced poor sound.  I no longer blame the adapter --- It's the Z1.

When I paired the BT adapter with my Wife's iPhone, it sounded fine.

This confirms that the BT sound quality issues are a problem with the Z1's hardware or firmware.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
jimcking

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2012, 1:26pm

The included Bluetooth headphones paired, connected and work fine for me.  The audio quality sounds good on a phone call also.

Was not so lucky trying to get a Bluetooth keyboard to work though.  Ended up buying three different “made for Android” Bluetooth keyboards trying to get one to work.  Although they would all pair OK, could not get the phone to connect to them.  Finally tried a real old Apple Bluetooth keyboard and it works fine except that it does not have the Android special keys on it.  I suspect the Bluetooth config in the phone does not support modern keyboards.  Anyone know how to update the config?

What has worked the best for me is a freeware program called Androidscreencast  http://code.google.com/p/androidscreencast/ .  It allows me to use my desktop computer keyboard and screen to control the phone remotely.  Much better than a Bluetooth keyboard solution,

Wondershare also worked as a great program to transfer my iPhone contacs to the Z1.  It also works to install programs and control the micro sd card.  It did not require rooting to use either of these programs.

Jim K.

IP Logged
Pages: 1