Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Dec 18th, 2017, 12:14am
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1
revers tethering (Read 3585 times)
forcesombre
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

si vis paceum para
bellum

revers tethering
May 11th, 2013, 9:51am

As every one knows the wifi connection is wery bad. I came with the idea to use my fantastic  N900 as ANP. But the application for doing this use ahdhoc wifi and not APN, infracstructure. It is a matter because in the android OS there is a lake for wifi ahdhoc. it is simply not seen. So now there is 2 solutions.  
-1) using bluetooth but reversed DUN like bluevpn seems not working.
-2) Change the wpa....conf in the system file  but it is require root previlage. And till now i don't manage to root the Z1 for modifying these files.
So if someone have a solution; and please no adb/...  I don't know how to use it some application like Z4root will be appreciated for rooting.
Thk U

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
linuxguy

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Re: revers tethering
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2013, 5:41pm

One option would be to install the CyanogenMod 7.2.0 and see if reverse tethering is supported with it.

IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2013, 11:53am

using cynogenmod... this require to flash the rom? My watch is still under warranty, and with android it is difficult to find the good ROM for one device.The other way is using gprs but seems that only Edge is used with this watch.I found a solution but it could be better. In France there is many "open wifi" from internet provider. You can catch the wifi signal in the street . You just need code from you internet provider to connect to his wifi. For exemple my internet provider is "free". So I can conect to "Free_wifi" I just need code and hope the wacht is strong enought to catch the wifi signal.My watch see the signal but seems difficult to connect... Sad

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2013, 4:38am

Hi there.
After some searches about revers tethering I can say  
-about wifi adhoc I don't find any application or patch for make it work.
-bluetooth there is lake about client PAN/DUN profile-driver for exemple Bnep or RFCOMM devices are not existed or mounted.Installing 3rd party application is useless cause these devices are not existed and application use them even with rooted device.Need a genious for compiling the bluez missing device (RFCOMM/PAN client).

-Only DUN server profile exists so you can do this only:
 (Z1 gprs/internet server)==(bluetooth DUN)====>(Device client)
and it is the client who must connect to Z1.

I'm fear to have to use the buggy wifi infrastructure mode. May be i have to use my iron solder to improve the wifi's range as describe in aother thread. What is strange that my watch sees wifi as good signal but can not connect.

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
Pages: 1