Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Sep 24th, 2017, 9:34pm
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. 16 Janruary 2015: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration will be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you need to register, or have relevant information, please email "john" at this domain, or request an account using the linuxslate.com Google+ Page: https://plus.google.com/+Linuxslate/

Pages: 1
Newbie needs help (Read 9497 times)
jbalagtas
Thinks a tablet is something you take for a headache

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Newbie needs help
Oct 12th, 2013, 12:08am

Hi just got a Z1 and I don't know where to start, The phone is not connected to google market so I can't download explorer to install apk's .

IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Re: Newbie needs help
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2013, 2:34pm

Hi there.
Yes the Z1/Rock is sold without googe play store...If you want it, you have to install it, see some threads in this forum. Another solution you can burn the clean ROM and by this way you get  rooted  device and google play but you will lose your device's warranty....I burn the clean ROM and now wifi exepted the watch work like a charme.
Otherwise you can use aptoide to get the .apk. It is alternative to google play. Aptoid is already installed  but I find it is slower than google play because it have to update each time you use it.

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2013, 1:30am

Thanks but I don't see aptoide in my watch I have rooted the device but don't know how to flash or to install rom manager

IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2013, 9:25am

I have managed to root my Z1 , Installed rom manager also but when I flashed it select install zip from sdcard and reboots I get the android with an exclamation point, I tried Flash_tool but it doesn't seem to work in my laptio 64 bit when I click format it is saying can't open Com 1,3 or 9 .If you have the procedure to flash Z1 can you drop me a mail at Jaddy@robian.com.sa thanks

IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2013, 9:00am

Here is a beginning  

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=7c8e17d46f3f7004a9220cd66c89c4e a&t=1774875

and here

http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.cz/2011/02/mtk-hd2-hd9-flashing-tutorial.h tmlhttp://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.cz/2011/02/mtk-hd2-hd9-flashing-tutorial.html

read espatially the xda, cleaned rom part of web site I linked.
I use a windows 7 32bytes  for doing the job. I install the flash tool on the windows 7 and install the drivers for the Z1 watch. Normally it is in the zip file linked by xda. the difficult thing was to install it on the windows 7 . These done turn off the watch and connect it to the usb. If driver is not installed it will be asked then select the unziped driver for the watch. Once the watch turn off and recognise by the computer launch the flash tool. Select the system.img and click "download" this will flash the system.img in the NAND. Wait message saying everything is OK. It will take a few second normally. Then disconnect the watch. When turn it on you will get a "new" android so it will ask many thing for starting and I thing the exclamation with the triangle is normal if my memory is good, done it 4 months ago. At this point I was in panic before finding how to set up the new android OS.As the screen show in the xda web site  "start by pressing the android" and follow the step by step. As I said it will ask many question and try to set up by wifi (I ignore wifi and set up later via wifi because wifi range is not good with the Z1). If  everything is good you will get the android screen.
Last thing in the build.prop i modified dpi to 130 it is more suitable.

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2013, 11:27am

Thanks I have been trying to do the instruction in the first link but I am having problems the second link you send is not accessible " Page is not Existing"  I have a 64 bit laptop so I think that is the problem. If possible can you send me the drivers jaddy@robian.com.sa and if you have a soft copy of the procedure

IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2013, 2:43pm

does the flashing cable really needed , I don't have that

Flashing cable (USB to UART cable with PL2303 chip)

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #7 - Oct 17th, 2013, 8:54am

I am not sure what you are trying to do.

If you are just trying to install Market (Google Play Store), the instructions are here:

http://linuxslate.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1343139082

Nothing like what you are talking about (UART Cable, ROM MAnager, etc.) is needed.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2013, 10:02am

Thanks well Im trying to flash the phone with a clean rom which includes google market and link to google because all my contacts are in my google acct just like my other android phone

IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2013, 10:14am

What is described in that link gives you all "Normal" Google Functionality, including not only the market, but contacts sync, gmail, etc.

It is much safer than trying to root or install a rooted ROM.

Good luck in getting your Z1 working again.  Hopefully someone on these forums can help.  I have never tried installing a new ROM on my Z1.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That:
Z1 Android Watch Phone, Huawei Honor 2, Nexus 7 (2013), MUCH G2.
WWW   IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2013, 10:26am

thanks let me try that

IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2013, 2:26am

The cable is not needed I just connect the Z1 direct to the computer's USB slot. And it is said you need a 32bits computer so try to find one if you don't have. nowadays it is more easy to find a 32bits computer than a 64bits. Borrow one of your friends if needed. The drivers is inside the Zip you have to download from the link. Read well the first link it told you how it look like.
Read well the first link almost everything are said inside. The second link is about the flash tool using (get inspiration from for the goal)

I will repeat the procedure (You have to search a little bit because I said, i did it just one time and now I use my memory for writing it). Be be quite it is not difficult and fast.I promise I will write a procedure in PDF with the files you need and post everything but I can't give you a 32bits computer Lolll.. And I remind if you flash your device you will lose your warranty. Be clever and make an image of you Z1 RAM/ROM before  
read more the thread forum i give in the first link for this. NAd last thing poeple who want to do it do it at their own risk.OK now let see the procedure.

-You need using a 32 bits computer/laptop with a 32bits windows OS (windows XP or 7).

-Download the flash tool (it is linked in the first link) and install it on the 32bits computer.

-download the zip file containing the system.img and the z1drivers for 32bits windows OS.  It is linked at the end of the first link.

-Unzip the folders somewhere easy to find in the computer for system.img and z1drivers.

Look inside the unziped folder for knowing where are the foldes you are looking for (related to system.img and z1 drivers).It will need later

-turn on the watch.

-plug directly the watch to the computer's USB.

-The computer will ask the z1's driver, install it. And if don't ask install it it is about "android phone xxxx" in the device part of windows OS.

-once install unplug the watch turn if off restart the comupter and plug the watch (it is still turned off).

-Launch the flash tool.

(At this point look the second link for more detail)

-Select the android device and may the good"peer" where the Z1 is connected (a USB).

-Load the system.img (you have to selected if my merory is good the .txt file with contain instructions.

-click on the load button to flash the Z1 device.

-wait few second for the message saying that everything are OK.

-turn off everything

-unplug the watch.

-turn on the watch

-press the android for install the new android. at this point be aware about the wifi (i dont use it and set up later).

once you are in the android invite screen remember to set up everything via wifi.  

-change the dpi from 160 to 130 in the build.prop (see google for this).

-it is not saying but I use only black wall paper.

OK everything is done enjoy the new OS.

I promise I will writte a how to with screenshot as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2013, 3:49am by forcesombre »  

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
forcesombre

si vis paceum para
bellum

Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2013, 11:05am

Here is the link.
Meaculpa. inside the PDF it is saying uncheck the DATAUSER for not losing the setup. But seems it must be checked. It is recommanded to use a 32bits computers even if there are some drivers for the 64bits.

http://79zxf0.1fichier.com/

Hope this will help.

我適應,我的主人,我主宰
  IP Logged
jbalagtas

Linuxslate.com
Forums

Reply #13 - Oct 25th, 2013, 3:56pm

Thanks I think the problem is that I have been trying it on a 64 bit PC I will try on a 32 and get back you

IP Logged
Pages: 1