Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Newest Forum Posts

Oct 25th, 2021, 12:06pm
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. May 2020: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration may be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you would like to register, please email "john" at this domain, and I will manually create an account for you. Registration is for legitimate and relevant discussion only. Misused accounts will be deleted without warning.

Pages: 1
Modern Power 6BQ5 Push-Pull Tube Power Amplifier (Read 4561 times)
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Modern Power 6BQ5 Push-Pull Tube Power Amplifier
May 9th, 2020, 9:14pm

Based on the success of using Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) modules in my Subminature Tube PC Speaker Amplifier Project, I decided to attempt to take the concept to a higher level.

Could small inexpensive Chinese SMPS modules replace the heavy Power Transformer, Rectifiers, Filter Capacitors, and Power Resistors typical of Vintage Tube HiFi equipment?

If so, I should be able to realize numerous advantages over a classic 60Hz/Linear power supply.

• Reduced Weight and Size (as mentioned)
  • Flexible Component Location to further reduce size, and improve aesthetics.
  • Wide input voltage and frequency range. Operation from 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz without switching.
  • Output regulation for all needed voltages for better sound and longer tube life.
  • Ease of adjusting tube bias.

While it took experimentation with numerous power supply modules, and I ended up building part of the Plate supply from scratch, the project finally resulted in an excellent sounding amplifier that maximizes efficiency and power for the selected tubes.

The project is fully documented in This Thread on AudioKarma.org

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2020, 1:06pm by Administrator »  

Mobile Linux ?
Got That!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1