Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Linuxslate.com Forums

<=== Back to the Linuxslate.com Homepage

Newest Forum Posts

Oct 25th, 2021, 11:23am
News: Welcome to the linuxslate.com forums. May 2020: Forum registration has been disabled due to recent advancements in bypassing captcha's and the resulting increase in spam on the forums. Registration may be re-enabled at a later date. In the meantime, if you would like to register, please email "john" at this domain, and I will manually create an account for you. Registration is for legitimate and relevant discussion only. Misused accounts will be deleted without warning.

Pages: 1 2 
Malachite DSP - SDR  Radio Receiver (Read 77971 times)
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Re: Malachite DSP - SDR  Radio Receiver
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2021, 10:35pm

Firmware version 1_10b has been posted to the Yandex Disk site.  As usual, it can be found in the Firmwares folder:
https://yadi.sk/d/4ZgsrswxYClG1Q/Проши[ch1074 ]ки(FIRMWARE)

The strange thing is that all of the older firmwares have been removed.

Apparently, the authors have gone to some sort of time-limited code to unlock the firmware.  I'm not sure how this works because the Malachite SDR does not retain the time if the battery is disconnected.

I am also interpreting this to mean that there are codes or code generators out there someplace for the older versions of the firmware.  As I predicted in post #9, it is not going to be possible to stop people from unlocking/copying/modifying the firmware.  I really wish George and company would put their efforts into making this a great platform instead of playing a game with the hackers.

George (rx9cim) does say that the new firmware should not pose any problem for people who have already registered a previous firmware.

Please don't ask me how to hack the codes or where to find them.  I don't know how to hack the codes, and I am not going to look for them on the internet.

To be honest, It is not worth the effort for this radio.  It is easier to buy a Raspberry Pi and a USB SDR stick and install Gqx for Raspberry OS.  You then have a more flexible and expandable portable platform that is fully (or at least mostly) open source.

In fact, I was considering building a table radio around another Malachite SDR, but even before this latest firmware shenanigans (I hope shenanigans translates to Russian -- I do know a stronger Russian term, if needed), I had already decided on going with a Raspberry Pi 3 and a USB SDR stick. It would give me Shortwave, aircraft, and everything else I can do on a Malachite SDR, but it would also be a media player and Internet Radio player. Adding things like ADS-B (aircraft location) should also be possible.

Mobile Linux ?
Got That!
WWW   IP Logged
Administrator
Forum Administrator

Administrator

Re: Malachite DSP - SDR  Radio Receiver
Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2021, 1:32pm

Here are the change log notes for 1.10b and 1.10c.  Note that 1.10c is "Under Development", and not yet available on the Yandex Disk site.
The 1.10c change log is translated by Yandex Translate.

1.10b:

- fixed error in the S-meter readings for frequencies above 30MHz;

- the panorama scale injection has been changed - now instead of x1, x2, x4, 160kHz, 80kHz, 40kHz are shown;

- in SSB the 100kHz step is excluded and the 25Hz step is added;

- the touchscreen sensitivity is lowered again Smiley;

- added synchronous AM detector;

- the frequency at which the low-pass filter 500000 is turned on is increased to 540,000, for better suppression of signals above the frequency of 500 kHz;

- added Auto Notch filter to the Audio menu;

- stretched grunginess adjustment;

- added DSB mode - as a kind of SSB;

- added CW mode - as a kind of SSB;

1.10c: (under development)  UPDATE:  As of 08 June 2021 it appears that 1.10C is now available.  FW 1.10B has been moved to the "NOT USE SPECIAL" folder.

- improved graphical display of the spectrum

- improved algorithm optimization, improved display speed

- added the ability to determine the type of activation - by one or three clicks. If PD15 (pin 7 of the RESERVED field) is open, the activation is performed by one click.; if this pin is closed to a common wire, then switching on by three clicks

- improved the HARD menu

- changed the battery indication - the voltage is indicated on top of the picture

- added the ability to control user equipment using a discrete signal-PD14 (pin 8 of the RESERVED field)

- a button for switching the audio output has been added to the HARD menu. It duplicates the switching of the audio output. Made at the request of users.

- added SAM-U and SAM-L modes

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2021, 9:23am by Administrator »  

Mobile Linux ?
Got That!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2