I do presentations
for small groups (Local computer users groups,
business groups, etc.)
I have done the following presentations:
- Open Source
- Concepts such as source code vs executable
- Open Source Licenses (General concepts)
- Popular Open Source Software
- Introduction to Computer Security - Is There
Really Anything To Worry About?
- Reality vs Perceptions
- Specific examples
- Improving your security practices
- Introduction to Wireless Internet Access and
- Terms: 802.11, WiFi, HotSpot, BlueTooth,
- A simple, user-level description of
each one, including demonstrations.
- Specific configuration examples as requested.
Each presentation is about 1 hour, including question and answer time.
I have given these
presentations free of charge to local (East Central Florida, USA)
charity, government, and community organizations. Please note that my
background is primarily Linux/UNIX. If you pray facing Redmond,
you may not like some parts of these presentations. (but you will still
To contact me, just send email to any username at this domain, or send